Saturday, May 31, 2008

CD-R King, the hardware version of the internet

CD-R King is the hardware version of what the internet is, to the internet believers..
In relation to an earlier post about people treating the internet as a treasure-trove of all that is factual, I have met people who will actually swear by the invention or non-invention of something depending on whether they have actually seen the product in the shelves of CD-R King. actually, even I have occasionally fallen into that mold. a recent case in point. Somebody told me that there already is a 16G flash drive now. Scanning my head for my last CD-R King visit, I validated his statement. "Pero di pa tinitinda sa Pilipinas" because it still wasn't on their store shelves. hahaha.
People, myself included, may fall into this maxim. "if we do not see it being sold in CD-R King, then it has not yet been manufactured!" hahaha. personal benchmarking. a very significant pitfall from a consumer marketing point of view.
But now that we are in the thick of discussions on CD-R King, let me just say for the record that I have found most of my cheap and useless electronic clutter from that store. You know, the USB Lans, USB cellphone data cables, USB bluetooth dongles, USB soda drink coolers (yes!!!), USB coffee mug warmers, PCI this and PCI that, as well as a host of USEFULL and (dirt)CHEAP stuff I normally would not have been able to buy at the god-awful prices of those other electronics consumables stores. Let me run them by you. a Kingston 1G USB flash drive then selling at P500 just 6 months after I got mine for P4,350. (now, a 1G kingston sells for P250!) USB wifi dongles at P580 versus P1,880 at another store. LAN WIFI Routers at P1,400. Philips Litescribe DVD-R discs at P25. cellphone LCD protectors at P60. laptop LCD protectors at P250.
Oh, one other thing. Bluetooth stereo receiver headphones integrated into a pair of sunglasses for just over a thousand bucks... but then the sunglasses resemble a style I call "the Terminator Look..."
and they have finally put the 16G Compact Flash drive on their shelves for a ridiculously low price of P3,380. you wouldn't believe that we paid over 15k for our very first 1G CF microdrive...

No comments: