Sunday, January 22, 2012

site updates

It has been a long four months since my last post.

If you are among those who visit regularly, you will have probably chanced upon a message splashed across your screen that the blog "is not available" anymore. This was an offshoot of what was probably a brute-force attack. And although I still cannot fathom why anyone would want to break into my blog, I, along with some hard-core followers, were shaken by the incident.

The Paul Yan Chronicles, my blog, has been my preferred forum to talk out loud about the things and situations that have in some way affected me. My blog has no target audience except myself; for me to occasionally hear my brain talk (or write) in a medium that others can peep into, should they wish to try to get to know me deeper. What would someone get for hacking in to a well-viewed but personal site? I still cannot comprehend.

The site has since been restored.

Perhaps I should again start writing. there is such a thing as inertia of the mind.

To everyone, most especially the people I do not personally know, and those who insist on maintaining their anonymity by just regularly browsing but not posting, I thank you. The number of hits you regularly give my non-commercial site has been flattering. But as I am a social animal that thrives on your comments, please please make it a point to leave one behind, each time you pass by. so that even if we will never ever meet, i will know that you passed by, simply by looking at the flower petals you left behind.

Jesus Paul C. Yan
for The Paul Yan Chronicles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back !!!

Paul Yan said...

hello anonymous. i don't know how many people share your name. but thank you for viewing.

paul yan

Anonymous said...

good to see you here :) God bless your brother Joel. My condolence to your family. you are such a good brother. keep well always. God bless!