Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cruising with Prestige

El Nino has its advantages.
Coming from a storm-wracked season of simply massive proportions last semester, it was the first time I successfully got the Paul Yan Experience class to do a sun-kissed sunset tour in the past six months.  It was also the first time I actually took photos of Manila's world famous sunset in this decade.  What a difference the lens makes, indeed. Instead of the usual ultra wide angle I preferred to carry, I opted for a long tele this time, and it paid off.  Lucky me.  I've actually already used one of the sunset photos as a background in a glamour ad I recently did..  The participants, all 16 of them, also had their own memorable photos.  
El Nino will also probably have been a significant part of the decision-making process for the "Class of 2010" of my favorite ladies school, St. Paul's College in Quezon City, when they also decided to "go take a cruise" that day.  And because I had 16 photographers with me (all raring to photograph anything that moves), they'll all end up with some mighty nice souvenir shots as well.
Another thing that I also attribute to the El Nino was that for the first time in the history of doing this cruise, Abba's "Dancing Queen", korean version, wasn't sung live this time.  Oh life's simple pleasures...
  
credits:  Thank you to the captain and crew of Prestige Cruises for always being very accomodating with regard to the special needs (and wants) of my phototour participants, most especially with the blocking of vantage points exclusively for us.  

No comments: