Friday, June 6, 2008

My finger-lickin' moments...

If there is anything I really live for, it is food. Good food. Exceptional flavours. Exotic ingredients. Blissful aromas. Funny when you realize that some of the best meals I have had were the ones I had at home. Funny, because one of the reasons why my wife and I travel is to sample regional cuisine in their own exotic locale. Funny also, because our home-cooked meals have often been gourmet delights in their own little way, but which just goes unnoticed mainly because for us it is just another private meal. And if i were to list some of the most memorable ones, this would probably land in the top ten. In terms of breakfasts, one of the best I have ever had was a home-cooked one with a couple of seriously exotic (and expensive) food items. I remember it was some time in december, about a week after i was invited by Avida Land to give a speech on the beauty of Manila, during a commemoration of their topping off activity at the San Lazaro towers, when i woke up to a blissful aroma of fried meat... Following the hugely inviting smell, I walked into the kitchen where my wife was just about to flash-sear foie gras as topping to a wagyu beef salisbury steak! So, how else do you ever top that for breakfast? (well, you top it with lots of fragrant steamed rice! hahaha)

No comments: